Saturday 15 August 2015

Blaugust 15/31: Celebrating a decade of Orbivm

This post is our 15th contribution to Blaugust 2015. Welcome to Week 3.

Today is a pretty significant day for me, because today is the 10th anniversary of the first publication of the Imperial Era, the main Wesnoth add-on that I maintain. So...not a really significant day, but it's still a little bit significant, and worth making note of. I spoke a little last week about how being part of the Wesnoth community has been pretty important to me over the years, so I won't rehash old ground, so let me just say that I had a little party and celebrated in the appropriate way by playing some Wesnoth and recording it for you. 


I still messed up and had to reload, something that seems to be becoming my trademark, but it was something pretty minor this time, so I'm sure that you'll forgive me. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of what I can and can't do with OBS, too, which makes a nice change. Next step is to get a computer with functioning headphone and mic jacks, work out how to get in-game noises straight to OBS without having to have them some through the speakers, and then try to record something with half-decent audio quality. I guess there's just no rushing this stuff.

I might finish today with a plea for help like I did on my 10 year celebration post on the Wesnoth forums.

1) I'd love some feedback on the videos and what you think I could do better, as I'm still very much new to this stuff and I'm aware that recording TBS games isn't exactly the most engaging thing in the world.




2) Wesnoth has some snazzy portraits like the one above, and I'm looking to get my grubby little hands some portrait art for the era (obviously people don't need to be as good as the artist featured above...). If you're an artisty type looking to create something for Blaugust and willing to release it for re-use under the terms of a GPL license, maybe I could prevail upon you to produce one, particularly for one of the sprites below? 400x400px pngs on a transparent background are my drug of choice!





No comments: