Monday 7 March 2016

Who's There?


When I left Australian shores and posted that shot of the locked door at Parliament House the day that we left it behind, I'd fully intended to get straight back on the blog bandwagon on arrival in our new home here. I had grand visions of turning the Leaflocker into some kind of fancy travel blag or somesuch, flitting here and there, taking excellent photographs and generally making the readership feel envious of my new life here in cosmopolitan Europe.

I guess it didn't really work out like that. First I had no internet access. Then I had no inclination to write. Then I couldn't find my camera. Then I'd waited so long I felt like I had to find a good reason to start again...

Now it's March. I left Adelaide five months ago, at the end of September. There's been plenty of great Oxford things to share with you all, loyal readers; Matriculation, Ale Verses, Turl Street Festival, Torpids, OxCon, Party Rings, the list goes on, but somehow it just...hasn't happened. With any luck, I'll be able to share my experiences with some of these events in the near future.

So what's the occasion that's finally got me to attempt to string words into a sentence again? Well, there isn't really one, so I've had to manufacture one instead. So we're bringing back Blarch, a blogging festival that last featured here at the Leaflocker back in 2012, which is exactly as serious as it sounds like it might be. Whatever it takes, right? Ale has vowed to think about contributing some art during the month too, so I won't be alone, that's always a nice encouragement.

So, what's the plan for Blarch? To post something 3-4 times a week for the next month or so, and to do so in such a way that I can keep on posting in the same vein (albeit on a slightly reduced schedule) until Blaugust. It's not like there's a lot else filling my time right now, after all. What can you expect? Well, I don't really know, but I'm going to aim for:

Monday Report (Weekly gaming review)
Tuesday Conversations (Reading Project)
Wednesday Quizzes 
Thursday Tourism (#JustOxfordThings)
Friday Funnies (Raps and cartoons and creative things?)

Not all these will happen every week, but I've always found having a little bit of a plan going into the month helps keep myself on track, so let's see how it goes.

No comments: