Thursday 7 August 2014

Thursday Night Games

I know I've already posted today, but some new board games I got recently got some play tonight, and I wanted to brag not only that I have new games, but also that my friends have excellent taste in games and you should all get some friends like them.

First, my Thursday gaming group (spots are open, only eligibility criteria is being able to get to Aberfoyle Park, SA on Thursday nights, bringing snacks optional but recommended) opened one of my new games and played it while I cooked them dinner. There's nothing so good as listening to good people having fun in your house while you prepare good food for them to enjoy. It makes you feel all grown up and responsible, not feelings I get often.

Takenoko sounds like a good thing. And so PRETTY.
Then, they obligingly allowed me to whoop them at another new game. Friends is good.

Rolling natural 20s is how you win at King of Tokyo. Game is so hype.
I doubt if there's really anything I could say to review these games that the internet hasn't already done better than I possibly could, so let me just say that these games are pretty good and you should all play them with me some time.

And don't worry, there's more where these came from.

No comments: