Saturday 28 March 2020

In Blapant Disregard of Tradition...


Yes, the people that brought you Blaugust have done it again and renamed a month with wanton abandon, to their own doubtless nefarious ends.

In this time of mass cancellations and a sudden emptiness in all of our social calendars, the good folks that bring us the annual blogging festival hitherto known as Blaugust have chosen to bring forward this year's event to fill the gap caused by all this social distancing and mandatory quarantining that's going on. Thus I'll be planning to get back to something approaching a regular posting schedule for the month of April, which is something I was planning to do anyways (to be fair, I'm always planning on getting the Leaflocker rolling again, just with differing degrees of urgency;but at least this time I'll have some friends to bounce ideas off of and to be inspired by).

It's looking to be a quieter affair so far, with just over 20 participants signed up so far rather than the 70-odd that we had last year, but given the enormous wodge of time that attempting to keep up with reading all those blogs took out of my schedule (time that I was supposed to be packing to move house) maybe that's a good thing after all. If you're looking to fill your dates a little in this current climate let me encourage you to join us, as writing a regular blog is a rewarding activity and the Blaugustines (Blaprilites?) are a friendly and enthusiastic bunch.

I'm not quite sure what sort of things I'm likely to come out with during the month, but it's probably not going to be the MMO focused material of most of my comrades-in-blarms. Since this leopard doesn't change his spots except under duress, though, the chances are high that it will be the same old Leaflocker miscellany of rambling about books and board games. Personally, I'm hoping for some good crossword content too.

I hope you'll join me during the month, either by joining the blogfest or just by stopping by and leaving a comment or two as I go along, as a little bit of encouragement goes a long way. If you'd like to join the festival proper, do check out Belghast's post on the topic for more details and info about the discord channel and other ways that you can make the month a little more interactive.

Until next time, keep on Blarching on.

No comments: