Friday 3 August 2012

Tie of the Week


Working on the premise that a tree does not fall in the forest if there is nobody to hear it, it stands to reason that I have in fact been failing to live up to the company dress code the past 15 weeks since there's no photographic evidence that I have been sporting the appropriate neckwear. Let me rectify that for this week with this snazzy little green number, which also came with a matching bow tie that you'll all have to wait a few weeks to see.

Since that photo is a bit far away, and I look a little scary, let's try the close-up.


Ugh...let's never do that again. Well anyway...

Tie Number: 008
Designation: The Straight and Narrow
Provenance: Ian's Stash, February 2012
Manufacture: Givenchy, Australia
No. of Comments: 4 (Moderate)
Most Favourable Comment: "I love the colour"
Least Favourable Comment: "Is it even worth me commenting on your ties any more?"
Observations: People seem to like my boring ties more than my exciting ones.

Undocumented ties have gone back in the to-be-worn pile for a second attempt, we'll see how far we get before I let that pile of ties get me down again.

3 comments:

Alethea said...

I'm a little confused as to why one would need a matching bow tie for their tie. It's not like you'll be wearing both at once...

UnwiseOwl said...

I always assumed that one was for formal events, and one was for party-time.

Michael5000 said...

Professional. I like it for a serious-meeting day. Nice staircase as well.